Thursday, February 16, 2012

A New Kind of Love

I usually don't get into the whole chocolates and roses 
thing on Valentine's Day.  I think it's all kind of silly, 
but this year I had a new kind of love to celebrate.
It's the kind of love I have dreamt about ever since I was a little girl.
All I have ever truly wanted is to be a Moma, 
and now that my biggest dream has become a reality, 
it is so much better than I ever imagined it would be.  
The love one feels for his or her child 
is so pure, so powerful, and so effortless.
The easiest thing in the world for me to do 
is to love our beautiful baby girl.
It may not always be easy to raise her,
but loving her is the most natural thing I have ever done,
and the depth of that love will carry us through any
hardships that may come our way.
So instead of receiving flowers and candies
for Valentine's Day, my gifts consisted of giggles,
coos and caas, and slobbery kisses, all of which hold a
very special place in my heart.


In typical Emma fashion, she quit smiling and being playful 
every time I tried to take pictures of her on Valentine's Day.
(She gets that from her Daddy.)

Good morning Valentine. 

Giving a good "bear" hug.

Playing with the teddy bear Grammy and Grandpa sent her.


My husband gave me the greatest valentine of all
when he made me a Moma.

1 comment:

  1. I love your post. The love a parent has for their child is the purest form of love. Through all the bumps and bruises of raising a child, a parent's love is unconditional.

    I am so lucky to have you as my daughter. Watching you be Emma's momma, fills my heart with joy. I always knew you would be a natural. I love you all (you, Josh and Emma) so much!

    ReplyDelete