Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Handful of Memories

When Emma's 6-month-birthday rolled around last February
I wanted to do something special in honor of her big day,
but I also wanted it to be something I could do for each birthday.
"A Handful of Memories" is what I came up with.
The pictures below are of the first three pages of this ongoing project.
Each page contains a set of handprints and a picture taken on that exact day.
I typed up a short summary of each day and attached it to the back of the corresponding page.
Eventually they will all be laminated and put together to form a book.
I plan to do this on her birthday every year until she makes me stop.
I love how the first few pages turned out.
I think it will be a great keepsake for our beautiful baby girl
and I can't wait to share it with her when she is older.
Who knows, maybe this will be something she decides to do
with her own kids one day.  
I think that would be really special.


The Cover
 Picture taken when she was three days old.


Picture taken immediately after she rolled over for the first time (2/17/2012).


Picture taken on a slide at Mihama Kids Park (8/17/2012).


I plan on doing this same project for the new baby who will be here in December.

Linking up for {Im}Perfect Sunday at Violet Imperfection

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gina, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet idea. What a lovely keepsake for her. :) Thank you so much for linking up to {Im}Perfect Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to let you know that I featured this project from {Im}Perfect Sundays. Make sure to come grab your featured button!

    ReplyDelete