Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Colors of the Rainbow

I have been working with Emma on her colors a lot this week.
I have always casually identified colors for her as we are playing with different toys 
or reading certain books, but this week I have really been trying to get her to grasp the concept.
She has done an excellent job!  She can now match up items of the same color with ease.
She has gotten so good at this task that she has started to get silly with it.
She will match two items up incorrectly on purpose then flash this little sneaky grin at me.
Once she makes sure she knows I have seen what she's done she quickly
makes the correction, looks at me, giggles, and claps for herself.
She is such a little stinker.








She is very into learning her colors.  I think I have read the book 
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Eric Carle
 about 50 times in the past two days.  For those of you who are not familiar with this book,
if you can identify your colors and animals then you know the entire content of the book.
She is so obsessed with this book right now, and as a result this is what happened 
this morning when she noticed it was under her bed and up against the wall...



Once the book was retrieved I of course had to read it about five times.

She is such a great learner.  She catches onto things so quickly.
With all this work on her colors this week she now has yellow and purple down pat.
If I lay several different colored objects out in front of her and ask her where
either the yellow or purple one is she will either pick it up or point to it.
She does this with a variety of objects (cups, head bands, bottle caps, spoons)
so I'm pretty confident that she truly understands the concept.
I think with another week or two she will have all the colors mastered.
Being her teacher for the next 17 years of her life is going to be the most
rewarding job I could ever imagine.    





Raising Imperfection

5 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Smart too! Even now with Biolet when we are playing I will say the colors, I figure it is a good thing to get in the habit of doing as she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biolet? LOL. That was a bad typo!

      Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
      Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.

      Delete
  2. I logged in and the first thing I saw were your belly shots. And I fell in love :) Welcome to the More Than Mommies Mixer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm this week's Mixologist following you from the Hop! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cute when they start to process and you can see their brilliance come out! So good that you work with her!

    Thank you for linking your favorite post this week to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured :)

    xoxo
    Lanaya
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete