Monday, February 25, 2013

Being your Momma is Special

Once again, I started this post several days ago (on the 15th when he actually turned 2 months old).
I don't remember the last time I sat down to write a post and actually got through the whole thing.
I guess that's just the way things go in the life of a wife and a momma of two babies.
I'm okay with it though.  I love my life.



My precious little boy,

As you slept all cuddled up in my arms this afternoon you turned exactly two months old.
I don't think there was a better place for you to be at that moment.
As you laid there with your bluish, grayish eyes closed ever so gently
I listened to the silly sounds you make while you sleep and
and took in deep breaths of your sweet baby smell.
I looked back on and thought about our journey together,
 from the time you spent in my belly, to labor and delivery,
and to these first two months of being able to hold you and kiss you.
I thought about how special the entire journey has been.
As soon as I found out I was pregnant I knew it was you, a sweet little boy,
our Jude Scott, growing in my tummy.  I was so excited to have a little boy and to
finally give your Daddy a son.  Your Daddy and I knew you were going
to be something special, and Little Man, we were right.
You are so incredible, handsome, and sweet.
You give the cutest smiles and this past month you have
started to share them so much more.  They are contagious.
You smile when I walk over to you, when I talk to you, and when I
tickle your feet and tummy.  Each smile you give me makes my heart overflow
just a little bit more with love for you.

Being a momma to you, our one and only son, is really special
because I look at you and see your Daddy.
I see your Daddy in your sisters too, but it's different
seeing it in a boy.  It already makes me so proud.
The little crying spells that you have where your paci seems 
to only make you madder make me think that 
you are going to like to argue like your Daddy does. 
We put your paci in your mouth to try to sooth you and
get you to quiet down, but there are times when you want nothing to do with it.
You will take a few sucks but then spit it right out as if to tell us
no, I've got some things to say and you need to listen.
I think this is your way of arguing right now.
Most mommas might not think this is a good thing, but I don't mean
argue in a bad way because if you argue like your Daddy does
that means you are going to be extremely intelligent, passionate, and 
that you are going to have strong beliefs.  I think you are going to possess
all three of these qualities and that makes me really happy.
You are going to be a strong, dependable, and smart boy,
a son that is easy for us to be proud of.

Believe it or not Jude Scott, our first two months together have come and gone.
Thank you for filling them with more love, joy, and admiration
than I ever thought was possible.  I am so grateful and blessed 
to have the privilege of calling you my son. 
Our next month together has big things in store for us
and I can't wait to share it with you.

I love you more and more every day.  You are my perfect Little J.

Momma


I didn't really get any good pictures on the actual day, but here's what I did get...

Exactly 2 months old.  1:31 in the afternoon.



Cuddles with Momma before getting in the bathtub.


In the tub



Two month photo comparison



The Life Of Faith

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so sweet. I'm sure not as sweet as it's going to be to see,and hold my Jude. And yes He's got alot in store for him within the next month!!! He does't even know how much he is loved and my how many!!! With all my love, Your gran T or TT as Taygan calls me.

    ReplyDelete