Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Jude Scott: 6 Months

My Sweet Little J Bird,

I'm still not used to the fact that you, my baby boy, are half a year old.
I've had a week and a half to get used to the idea, but it's still unbelievable to me.
I find myself wondering where the time has gone since I first held you in my arms
and I realize that it has been nestled up during middle of the night feedings, it has been
shrieking with laughter during countless tickle sessions, it has been gobbled up with the taste of
your tiny baby feet, it has been splashed upon with great joy during bath time, and it has
steadily moved forward with every turn of the page during bedtime stories.
Six months full of these wonderful moments that I cherish and love have come and gone,
and although it makes me a little sad to watch your days as a baby soar past me,
I know these memories will last forever in my heart.  They will rest easy
knowing that you are a happy, healthy, and sweet boy and because
I find a new reason to love you even more every single day.

Jude Scott, you amaze me and truly capture my heart on a daily basis.
You are such an affectionate little boy and I love every hug and squeeze
you share with me.  I love laying next to you and talking to you because you always
wiggle and twist your way right up against me and bury your head in my chest.
Although you are mobile now thanks to your crazy rolling, scooting, and spinning you
still love to be cuddled just as much as you did as a newborn and that makes me
happier than you will ever know.  Even if they only last a few seconds at a time,
our special snuggles bring me the greatest joy.  There is nothing else like them in the world.

You have grown and developed a lot this past month.  You finally decided
that it's okay to consistently roll from your tummy to your back so now you move yourself
from one end of the room to the other.  If I put you down on a blanket to play you are off of it
within a few minutes.  I don't know why I even still bother with the blankets.
You can sit up by yourself and you are starting to intentionally get yourself out of
the sitting position by leaning forward and then kicking your legs out behind you instead of
just falling over to one side or the other.  You get up on your hands and knees and rock
all the time.  You are trying so hard to crawl and as a result of this you have taken your first
face plant into the floor.  You are able to get your knees moving, but your arms are still holding
you back from being a completely mobile little man, but I don't think that will be the case
for much longer.  You get stronger every day.  You are also so close to waving hi.
When I wave to you you raise up and open your hand.  You don't quite have
the motion down yet, but I think you are just days away from getting there.

I have loved every single moment of these past six months Little J,
even the ones that have occurred when you awaken me from my sleep in the middle of the night.
I absolutely love taking care of you.  It is my most important responsibility and my
most rewarding job.  Thank you for your sweet smiles and your gentle hugs.
They make my job as your Momma so easy.  I love you Little Man.





My big boy wants to be crawling so bad.


I call these last two "Trying to go Home."



Six Month Photo Comparison

Babies and Beyond

4 comments:

  1. What abeautiful boy! I can't wait to hold him again.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, your writing continues to amaze me. It is filled with so much love and comes from your soul. You have been blessed with 2 wonderful children, which in turn has given me 2 beautiful grandchildren. I love them unconditionally. Being a grandma is amazing.

    It is hard to believe Jude is 6 months old. I can't wait to get to know him better and experience his hugs. I love you all so very much.

    Mom/Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy 6 months.

    Delighted to meet you. I hope you don't mind if I splash around to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip into some serious momma goodness. I would love to have you come and splash other moms as well. (and share this post or another momma favorite) I jot some momma notes on Mondays. But it's a link up when you can (I get the busy filled to the brim momma schedules).

    Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/07/run-momma-run.html

    Splashin,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete